There are hundreds medications, able to cope with obesity in modern clinical practice. Overweight people often have to decide what weight loss drug to choose.
There several group of drugs, for example:
- microelements that normalize fat metabolism: drugs containing chromium, zinc and manganese;
- diuretics, prescribed to relieve edemas in people with excess weight;
- thyroid hormones that increase thermogenesis;
- sympathomimetic drugs that inhibit the appetite by acting on the central nervous system;
- gastrointestinal lipase inhibitors, excreting triglycerides without splitting them
But Duromine is considered the most effective and safest drug for the treatment of exogenous obesity. The active substance of this weight loss drug is Phentermine.
Phentermine is a sympathomimetic drug, an amphetamine derivative.
- Duromine drug is prescribed for appetite suppression. Duromine suppresses appetite by working on the CNS. Often, Duromine is administered instead of surgery to patients with excess weight.